The Life Teen and EDGE Registration Forms are LIVE! Click on the tabs above for all information :)
Get involved in the 5:30 pm Praise Mass with
LIFE TEEN =
High School Youth Group
All students in grades 9-12
LIFE TEEN holds meetings (called Life Nights)
every Sunday in the Brown House
following the 5:30pm Mass until 8:30pm.
- Life Nights are our weekly youth group meetings, they are open to ANYONE in high school! They are creative nights that bring our Catholic faith to life, breaking open relevant issues for teens.
- Life Nights are typically comprised of prayer, teaching, small groups, games, activities and food.
- Each Life Night we focus on teaching teens more about their Catholic faith while forming an accepting loving community. Through youth focused liturgies, Life Nights, service opportunities, & social activities, teens grow to love the Sacraments, the Scriptures, & to know Christ personally.
For more information about LIFE TEEN, e-mail Lauren McKeegan at email@example.com
Middle School Youth Group
All students in grades 6-8
- Edge Nights are open to ANYONE in middle school! Edge is held on the 2nd Tuesday of the month. We offer 2 different sessions of the EDGE to help meet the needs of busy families. EDGE meetings are creative events that bring our Catholic faith to life, breaking open relevant issues for youth. The youth openly share and experience what it means to be Catholic today.
- AFTERNOON SESSION- is from 3:00-4:30pm in the Brown House
- EVENING SESSION- is from 6:30-8:00pm in the ICS Cafeteria
The content of both the AFTERNOON and EVENING Edge Sessions will be the SAME. The only differences are the time and location.
- These catechetical nights are presented in line with the teachings of the Catholic Church and provide a comprehensive scope of topics over the course of three years.
- Our goal in EDGE is to keep the parents as involved as possible which means, any parent is able to stay for a meeting to check it out, e-mail about upcoming topics or contact us with questions.
- Edge Nights are typically comprised of prayer, teaching, small groups, games, activities and food.
- Registration for The EDGE can be found on the EDGE Tab.
- Church of the Immaculate Conception Middle School Religious Education integrates The EDGE into their home-study program. Participation in The EDGE is required for all 6th, 7th and 8th graders registered with Religious Education. There is no need for Religious Education families to register for The EDGE for this reason.
For more information about The EDGE, e-mail Lauren McKeegan at firstname.lastname@example.org
Youth Ministry Volunteers:
We are looking for adults who would like to be involved in LIFETEEN & EDGE at Immaculate Conception Parish.
There are many different ways you can get involved:
** Volunteers to regularly serve with a ministry (called Core Team Members)
**These volunteers help in a variety of ways from
setting up and cleaning up to leading prayers,
talks, small groups and games.
We ask all volunteers to serve in the
capacity in which they are comfortable.
* Volunteers to chaperone events
* Volunteers to drive to events
* Volunteers willing to chauffeur volunteers from Towson University
* Volunteers willing to help clean the Brown House
* Volunteers willing to donate food for special events
- There is no experience required, just open hearts, a love for Christ and His Church and willingness to serve in the ministry.
- All volunteers are required to adhere to the Archdiocesan Youth Protection Guidelines (Virtus training) before volunteering.
Please let us know if you are interested in more information about Volunteering.
Immaculate Conception's Life Teen & EDGE programs seek to lead youth closer to Christ regardless of race/ethnicity, parish affiliation, school attended, religious belief, or physical/mental limitation.